TEM149: Don't blend in!
Why you need to double down on the only thing that makes you unique.
What You'll Learn:
- Why the only thing that will ever make you truly unique is you
- How to get people to consider hiring you to do what you instead of the thousands of other options
- Why blending in is the worst thing an entrepreneur can ever do
- A reminder that we're all pretty bad at everything until we do it a bunch
- How I've attempted to brand TEM interviews a little differently than most podcasts
- Action steps to not blend in:
- Ask five people you trust what makes you stand out from everyone else in your corner of the music business and aggregate the list
- Write down all of the ways you get yourself out to the world
- Figure out specifically how to double down on what makes you you on each of those platforms
- Design, execute and ship that content
- Pay attention to whatever metrics you have deemed most useful to see if your new content has moved the needle at all
Want to help the show? Here's a couple of ways you can do that!
1. Help me get to my next goal of $100 per episode on Patreon by pledging as little as $1 per episode to support the show: https://www.patreon.com/tempodcast.
2. My next iTunes goal is 100 ratings and 75 reviews. Take just a minute to leave a rating and review on iTunes to help me get there. Thank you!
And finally, a huge thank you to Parker Mouthpieces for providing the hosting for TEM.
Produced by Andrew Hitz
Show notes for all episodes of TEM including topics discussed, links to all books and websites referenced can be found at: