TEM163: The many passive income options for musicians and how to figure out which ones are right for you - A conversation with Brent Vaartstra
Brent Vaartstra is an entrepreneur, musician and host of the Passive Income Musician Podcast.
What You'll Learn:
- Brent's path through the music business and how he has transitioned to making a full-time living through passive income
- Why you need a lot more than great credentials to succeed in today's music business
- How he started his first website and the questions you need to ask yourself before you begin your own
- Why it's important to simply start a new thing because you can't ever know everything before you begin
- The pitfalls of marketing to yourself or creating content for yourself rather than for the audience you can best serve
- How Brent relies on data to inform his business decisions
- The process he undertook to initially monetize his online content
- How the key to success is finding a group of people with a problem that you are the best person in the world to solve
- The importance of having a newsletter even when you are just starting out as an entrepreneur
- Brent's advice on "niching down"
Want to help the show? Here's a couple of ways you can do that!
1. Help me get to my next goal of $100 per episode on Patreon by pledging as little as $1 per episode to support the show: https://www.patreon.com/tempodcast.
2. My next iTunes goal is 150 ratings and 75 reviews. Take just a minute to leave a rating and review on iTunes to help me get there. Thank you!
And finally, a huge thank you to Parker Mouthpieces for providing the hosting for TEM.
Produced by Andrew Hitz
Show notes for all episodes of TEM including topics discussed, links to all books and websites referenced can be found at: