TEM144: Evolving career goals and finding your personal creative rhythm - A conversation with composer Dale Trumbore
Dale Trumbore is a Los Angeles-based composer, author and teacher.
What You'll Learn:
- The very narrow definition of success Dale had for herself (with a self-imposed age limit!) and why she adapted that definition over time
- How she moved to LA but deviated from her original plan of becoming a film music composer
- Why creating your ideal community doesn't necessarily involve where you live any more because you can create that community online if you look in the right places
- Why the uneven income of an entrepreneur meant she had to get good with managing her money at an early age
- The time of day Dale is most productive and why she advocates for everyone to find their own personal creative rhythm
- How she analyzes her past career goals in order to inform her new ones
- Tips to make a great website (which Dale feels quite strongly about!)
- How to craft a personal and relevant email when asking someone for something
- The importance of developing your own creative process and how that helps you to ride out the rough patches
1. Help me get to my goal of $75 per episode on Patreon (only $11 to go!) by pledging as little as $1 per episode to support the show: https://www.patreon.com/tempodcast.
2. My next iTunes goal is 100 ratings and 75 reviews. Take just a minute to leave a rating and review on iTunes to help me get there. Thank you!
And finally, a huge thank you to Parker Mouthpieces for providing the hosting for TEM.
Produced by Andrew Hitz
Show notes for all episodes of TEM including topics discussed, links to all books and websites referenced can be found at: