TEM210: Dana Fonteneau on the power of perception and fair exchange for your art in these remarkable times
Dana Fonteneau is the founder and creator of the WholeHearted Musician, a licensed psychotherapist, business consultant and former concert cellist.
TEM has a brand new website! Drop by tem.fm and say hello!
On Today's Episode of The Entrepreneurial Musician:
- The power of perception
- Why anyone who has avoided looking inward is facing even more fear and upset during these uncertain times
- Why being of value to others is at the core of her business
- Steps you can take to improve your perception
- The impact of taking small steps and not being a perfectionist
- Dana's "Foundational Basics"
- The gift of having a meltdown
- Why some people are being so creative during this pandemic and others are not (and why that's okay!)
- The dangers of comparison
- Why creativity right now is like a baton being passed around the industry
- Fair exchange for your art in these times
- Our culture belief system defines our worth through our productivity and we don't have that right now so how do we define our self-worth
- Why this is the most extraordinary time for our artform
- What role do the arts play in a pandemic and how do we get back to the reasons why we became artists in the first place
- The potential dangers of signaling that during times of crisis that the arts are free
- A process Dana takes clients through to help them figure out their worth as artists
- How we can help others through these extraordinary times and what the first question should be before we try
- Why now is definitely not the time to be sending "cold call" emails that aren't offering any value to the recipient
- Why now is a vital time to be building meaningful and lasting relations with customers in order to earn the right to serve them into the future
- Gary Vaynerchuk's 51/49 Rule
- The power of your brand
- How Dana's book was born out of a dare from Noa Kageyama
Want to help the show? Here's a couple of ways you can do that!
1. Want to access exclusive bonus coverage while helping me get to my next goal of $100 per episode on Patreon by becoming a patron today: https://www.patreon.com/tempodcast
2. My next Apple Podcasts goal is 150 ratings and 75 reviews. Take just a minute to leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts to help me get there. Thank you!
And finally, a huge thank you to Parker Mouthpieces for providing the hosting for TEM.
Produced by Andrew Hitz
Show notes for all episodes of TEM including topics discussed, links to all books and websites referenced can be found at: