TEM171: Delivering the right message to the right audience and using technology to empower musicians - A conversation with NoteFlight's John Mlynczak
John Mlynczak is the Managing Director of NoteFlight.
What You'll Learn:
- The most spectacular mispronunciation of his last name (which then became his nickname in college)
- How an experience in college showed John the powerful role that technology can play in helping musicians
- The challenge of getting technology into the hands of teachers
- How NoteFlight started with the assumption that people are going to arrange music no matter what so how can publishers make that easier for people
- Why you can't resist innovation
- Whether NoteFlight mainly targets teachers who have already embraced technology, the ones who have not or somewhere in between
- How NoteFlight found a niche that needed filling in the music notation software world
- The complete technical remake NoteFlight had to do just a few years ago
- The importance of getting the right message to the right audience in as clean and concise manner as possible
- Why all pitches must have a CTA
Want to help the show? Here's a couple of ways you can do that!
1. Help me get to my next goal of $100 per episode on Patreon by pledging as little as $1 per episode to support the show: https://www.patreon.com/tempodcast.
2. My next iTunes goal is 150 ratings and 75 reviews. Take just a minute to leave a rating and review on iTunes to help me get there. Thank you!
And finally, a huge thank you to Parker Mouthpieces for providing the hosting for TEM.
Produced by Drake Domingue
Show notes for all episodes of TEM including topics discussed, links to all books and websites referenced can be found at: